In the event of any occurrence, which might give rise to a claim under this Policy, the insured or anyone acting on his behalf shall, upon such accident coming to his knowledge should:
- Immediately notify the Insurance Company in writing.
- Notify the relevant local authorities “Police, Civil Defense, Fire Brigade etc.”
- Take all the reasonable precautions to prevent the further increase of the loss or damage after the accident.
- Make reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property and act as if uninsured;
- Provide access and necessary cooperation to the insurance company representatives for inspecting the damaged property;
- Furnish a complete inventory of the loss showing the quantity, description and amount of loss and an accurate record of repair expenses
- Provide the Company with all other insurance policies covering the same property insured, if any.
- In case of any loss arising out of third parties activities, the insured should immediately hold them as responsible for the said loss
- Submit to the Company any legal writ or notification or any legal verdict issued against him, and shall render to the Company all necessary information or assistance to settle or reject the claim or to commence legal proceedings
- No promise, offer, payment or admission of any liability in respect of any claim that the Company may be liable for under this policy shall be made or given by the Insured without the prior written consent of the Company.
Motor Claims Procedure (Commercial Motor is Under Development)
1. Report to the Police and obtain a Police Report
2. Notify Al Koot immediately in any one of the following ways:
- Visit Al Koot office; the claims staff there will receive your claim notice and will assist you to fill out a Claim Form based on the facts reported. You will be asked to review the form and sign it.
- You can also notify a Claim by sending an email to:
3. Please provide the following with the claim notification:
- Copy of Traffic Police report
- Copy of Vehicle registration
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of Qatar ID card
4. Once the above steps are completed:
- The Claims staff will inform you of the date and time when the car is to be brought to the AL Koot office or an agency/garage for inspection and obtaining an estimate.
- If the fault is attributed to your car, the deductible (as per your insurance Policy) will have to be paid at the agency/garage or at the AL Koot office as advised by the Claims staff
- In case the vehicle is a total loss, the Claims staff will advise you of the relevant procedure to follow.
- In case repair condition is "outside agency" your vehicle will be allocated to one of our panel garages